Creamy Banana Oat Smoothie

Everybody wants to be able to put together a nutritious, balanced breakfast every morning

to fuel their day, but to be honest, who has time for that? Often, I find myself rushing to get

ready in the morning, and I just don't have the time to cook the fibrous oatmeal or protein

packed eggs that I want to. And yeah, overnight oats and make-ahead egg muffins are great,

but if you're like me(and most people), then you get bored of having the same things every

day pretty quickly. So I started to make smoothies. I love them all, but I have to share this one

with you right away because it is my absolute favorite. Perfectly creamy, slightly sweet, and

crazy easy and customizable, this one will become a favorite in your household in no time at

all. Enjoy!

Ingredients:  

  • 1 whole banana, peeled- can be frozen or fresh

  • 1 tbsp chia seeds

  • Handful spinach or kale 

  • ½ cup rolled oats

  • Optional: Add ins such as matcha powder, moringa powder, ground flax seed, cocoa powder



Directions:

  1. Blend or grind oats into fine powder.

  2. Blend all ingredients together. Works best if it sits over

  3. night.





Notes:

  • The spinach or kale isn’t really necessary, but it significantly ups the nutritional value.

  • Feel free to change the smoothie to match your preferences.

  • As stated in the directions, this works best if you let it sit overnight.

  • For a thinner smoothie, add more liquid or less oats.







Comments