Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

 Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal


I know that it’s now springtime. You don’t have to remind me. I understand that I should be cooking light, fresh, colorful meals now. But I won’t hesitate to admit that I’m stuck in the warm, comforting recipes of the winter. Pumpkin, cinnamon, warmth, all that good stuff. I promise I’ll get you some springtime recipes soon, but for those of you who, like me, need something warm and comforting in the morning, I have a revolutionary recipe: Pumpkin baked oatmeal. The moment I saw this idea, I knew it was going to be a good one. Why? Because its combines two of my absolute favorite foods, oatmeal and pumpkin bread. And even better, its highly nutritious so you can have for breakfast without an ounce of guilt. Make this once, and I guarantee you’ll be making it again soon because everyone will be begging for more!


Ingredients:

  • 1 can pumpkin puree, or about 15 ounces- make sure you don’t get pumpkin pie filling, which is loaded with added sugar

  • 3 TBSP liquid sweetener of your choice- I used half honey and half pure maple syrup

  • ⅛ tsp sea salt

  • 1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice- If this is not available to your, use spices such as cinnamon nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and ground cloves

  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract

  • 2 cups rolled old fashioned oats, gluten free if necessary

  • 2 eggs- flax eggs can be substituted for a vegan dish

  • 1 cup almond milk, or other milk of choice


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit and grease an 8x8 dish.

  2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.

  3. Pour mixture into greased baking dish.

  4. Top mixture with desired toppings such as dried fruit, nuts or brown sugar.

  5. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked to preferred consistency.

  6. Serve with milk, yogurt, or fresh fruit.






Comments

  1. Top with a big dollop of Greek yogurt for a super filling breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment