Peach Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal

 Peach Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal


Recently, I visited some family, and one morning for breakfast my aunt made us baked oatmeal. I was super excited because baked oatmeal is my favorite breakfast of all time. When I first saw it had peaches in it, I won’t deny I was a bit skeptical. But then I tried it and my mind was instantly changed. It was delicious! As soon as I got home, I got the recipe and tried it. My version isn’t quite as good, but its still a super satisfying breakfast to wake up to.


Ingredients:

  • 3 cups rolled old-fashioned oats, gluten free if necessary 

  • ½ cup packed light brown sugar

  • 2 tsp baking powder

  • ½ tsp salt

  • 1 whole egg

  • 2 egg whites

  • 1 ¼ cup almond milk, or other milk of choice

  • ¼ cup neutral tasting oil, such as grapeseed or canola

  • 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract

  • 15 oz. can sliced peaches, drained and sliced

  • 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen

  • 1 tsp cinnamon


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350℉.

  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.

  3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, vanilla extract, almond milk, and oil.

  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.

  5. Stir in the peaches and blueberries. 

  6. Pour the ingredients into a greased 9x9 baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out free and the top begins to form a crust.

  7. Serve with fresh fruit, greek yogurt, and additional milk.


Comments